No Further Questions and Anything You Do Say - Gillian McAllister

“Anything You Do Say”, Synopsis:


WOULD YOU RUN, OR STAY AND CALL AN AMBULANCE, IF IT WAS YOU THAT PUSHED HIM?
It's the end of the night. You're walking home on your own. Then you hear the sound every woman dreads. Footsteps. Behind you. Getting faster. You're sure it's him - the man from the bar who wouldn't leave you alone. You make a snap decision. You turn. You push. Your pursuer tumbles down the steps. He lies motionless, face-down on the floor. Now what? Call 999? Wait for the police to arrive. For judgement, for justice, whatever that may be. You just hope your husband, family and friends, everyone you love, will stand by you.
OR: Run. Stay silent. You didn't mean to do it. You were scared, you panicked. And no one saw. No one will ever know. If you leave now. If you keep quiet. For ever.Which will it be?


I read 'Anything You Do Say' in June. I gave it a 3.5 Stars. This wasn't because I didn't enjoy the book, because I did. It was because I didn't find it as gripping as I thought it should be.  It did really make me think about what I would do in that situation, very thought provoking. Interesting to see how the two situations panned out but the ending, in my opinion wasn't great.



“No Further Questions”, Synopsis:


The police say she’s guilty. She insists she’s innocent.
She’s your sister. You loved her. You trusted her. But they say she killed your child... who do you believe? 


I read 'No Further Questions' in April. I gave it 5 stars. It was a gripping and thrilling read. I read it one sitting as I quite literally could not put it down. I would 100% recommend it if you're looking for a page turner.

On the whole I like Gillian's writing style. I also have an eye out to pick up any more of hers... next of hers to read is 'Everything But The Truth' which is sat on my shelf looking at me as I write this review.

Comments