The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger

Synopsis: 

"This is the extraordinary love story of Clare and Henry who met when Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-two and Henry thirty. Impossible but true, because Henry suffers from a rare condition where his genetic clock periodically resets and he finds himself pulled suddenly into his past or future. In the face of this force they can neither prevent nor control, Henry and Clare's struggle to lead normal lives is both intensely moving and entirely unforgettable".



Unfortunately, I feel I am not in the majority with my opinion on this book, as after watching the film I really wanted to love it.

It is not often that I read the book after the film or TV series, I usually try to read the book before. In this instance I watched the film years ago and only attempted the book this month.

I'm not sure why I didn't seem to connect with the book. I am hoping that if I pick it up again in the future I will realise why everyone else seems to love it.

I just didn't seem to connect with the story line or the characters. I understand why it has to be written in a format that jumps around but I couldn't seem to follow it. This usually isn't a problem for me, I've loved other books that have jumped around and managed to still stick with the plot/story line. 

I ended up giving this book 2 stars out of 5, until I try again!

Comments

  1. Love this book! I definitely think you should try and give it another ago but it's not for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i will try it again in a couple of years. I am a big believer in re-reading books and giving them a second chance because where you are in life really depends how receptive you are to certain stories etc. :) Glad you enjoyed it!!

      Delete

Post a Comment