VOX - Christina Dalcher

Synopsis:

"Set in an America where half the population has been silenced, VOX is the harrowing, unforgettable story of what one woman will do to protect herself and her daughter.

On the day the government decrees that women are no longer allowed to speak more than 100 words daily, Dr. Jean McClellan is in denial—this can't happen here. Not in America. Not to her.

This is just the beginning.

Soon women can no longer hold jobs. Girls are no longer taught to read or write. Females no longer have a voice. Before, the average person spoke sixteen thousand words a day, but now women only have one hundred to make themselves heard.

But this is not the end.

For herself, her daughter, and every woman silenced, Jean will reclaim her voice."


My Review:


I read this book with great anticipation following months of seeing it EVERYWHERE online.


Overall, I enjoyed this book. I enjoyed the character development and Christina's writing style. 


However, I did feel like the ending let the book down somewhat. The first half was fast paced and had me hooked and it seemed to lose it just after the halfway mark. It left a few unanswered questions which was a little disappointing. I ended up rating the read 3 out of 5 stars. Maybe i'll read it again in the future and change my mind...?






Comments

  1. Everyone has been recommending this book to me. I almost purchased it today but I think I'll borrow it from the library. I'll check it out and let you know my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - please do! I would be interested to see how you find it! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment