Watermelon - Marian Keyes


Synopsis:


"It's bad enough that Claire's husband James left her the day he was at the birth of their first child - I mean, if he though it was going to upset him that much he should have just stayed at home - but to rub salt into the epistomy, he didn't even have the decency to leave her for someone skinny! He's just abandoned, leaving Claire with a newborn baby, a broken heart, two extra stone and an-er-birth canal ten times its normal size. In the absence of any better offers, Claire goes home to her family. To her beautiful sister Helen, her soap-watching mother, her bewildered father. And in a story that's both hilarious and bitter-sweet, Claire get better. A lot better. In fact so much better that when James slithers back into her life he's in for a bit of a surprise."


Review:

I read this as a buddy read with a good friend from Instagram (@Agirlwithherheadinabook) and I LOVED it! What a wonderful book!

This was the first Marian Keyes book that I have read and boy I was not disappointed.

I LOVED the writing style, it was exceptionally easy to read. It made me laugh out loud. It also made me very angry and frustrated at certain characters. The character development was so good and I felt genuine attachment to the main characters.

It was a very strong story line and I would definitely recommend it. I gave this book 4.5 stars out of 5.


Comments

  1. Marian Keyes is another author that I really love. I also really enjoyed reading this novel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment