The Backpacking Housewife - Janice Horton

Synopsis: 

"One mum is leaving it all behind for the adventure of a lifetime…
Lorraine Anderson was meant to be making a Sunday roast, not swanning off to Thailand, backpack in hand! But when she finds her husband and her best friend in bed together there’s only one thing to do – grab her passport and never look back!
Now, with each mile travelled Lori sheds the woman she once was and finds the woman she was always meant to be. A woman of passion and spirit who deserves to explore the great unknown…and to indulge in the temptation she encounters along the way!"

I read this book on my Kindle and I really enjoyed it! The cover and description especially caught my eye.
At times the story and sequence of events was slightly far fetched but I supposed that’s what fiction is all about... sometimes I struggle with this; hence why fantasy isn't my genre of choice).
The book explored a wide variety of topics, including environmental aspects and the family connections/relationships. I particularly liked how the book really explored how Lori dealt with all of the emotions she was feeling. Although, I did get frustrated with her at times!

I enjoyed the writing style and the general character development! The story line was strong and there was never a moment when I didn't know what was going on. Loved some characters and didn't like others as much but that is a sign of good writing! thank you Netgalley and Janice Horton for this book!

I gave his book 4 stars out of 5 and I would recommend. I can’t wait to see what happens next for Lori...

Comments