One of Us is Lying - Karen M. McManus




Synopsis:


Yale hopeful Bronwyn has never publicly broken a rule.

Sports star Cooper only knows what he's doing in the baseball diamond.

Bad boy Nate is one misstep away from a life of crime.

Prom queen Addy is holding together the cracks in her perfect life.

And outsider Simon, creator of the notorious gossip app at Bayview High, won't ever talk about any of them again.

He dies 24 hours before he could post their deepest secrets online. Investigators conclude it's no accident. All of them are suspects.

Everyone has secrets, right?

What really matters is how far you'll go to protect them.



Review:


This book was majorly hyped within the book community, which led me to have high expectations. I also have multiple people recommend it as an excellent read! Also, the blurb really pulls you in, doesn't it?


I found personally, that it was quite difficult to get into in the beginning when all the different characters are being introduced. It did soon start to unravel and fall into place, establishing a strong storyline.

I don’t want to say too much in my review as it would be very easy to ruin it. BUT I’m not sure I’m overly happy with who the killer turned out to be. I didn’t see it coming, so it was a twist but I wasn't left satisfied.

I gave this book 3.5 stars out of 5 as the main plot and all the side plots do get tied up before the ending.

I do wonder if I would have scored much higher if I wasn't subjected to the hype? (we will never know!!)

Comments

  1. I struggle with books that have a large cast of characters. It means I can't get invested in any of them easily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!! Find it difficult to get attached and invested.

      Delete

Post a Comment