The Trouble with Goats and Sheep - Joanna Cannon


Synopsis: 


England, 1976.

Mrs Creasy is missing and The Avenue is alive with whispers. As the summer shimmers endlessly on, ten-year-olds Grace and Tilly decide to take matters into their own hands.

And as the cul-de-sac starts giving up its secrets, the amateur detectives will find much more than they imagined…


Review:


I really enjoyed this book and the way it was written from a child’s perspective. 

I enjoyed her take on the events and her innocent understanding of everything. I think this was portrayed very well and is often a very difficult thing to do.

It was a book with many layers and I’m sure if I re-read it I will pick up more than I did the first time.

There were clear themes and messages throughout the story and it managed keep me hooked throughout!

I enjoyed all the British references, little quips and quotes and I felt attachment to the characters!

Even though I felt that all the ends were not entirely tied up, I would recommend the book! I gave it an overall rating of 4 stars out of 5.

Comments