2019 Yearly Wrap Up



As NYE is upon us, It felt like a good time to reflect on the year and wrap up my bookish accomplishments and set some goals for 2020.

In 2019 i had set my original goodreads challenge (once i'd discovered in in early January) as 25. I quickly realised that I did actually enjoy reading and that I was blessed with being a fairly quick reader! This led me to up my goal to 50 and then quickly after that 100. 

I'm going into 2020 having read 146 books in 2019 and I couldn't be prouder of myself. My New Years Resolution was to read more and I personally think i've surpassed all expectations and have knocked it out the park.

Some bookish facts for my bookish year in review:
  • 146 books read
  • Amounting to 50,453 pages in total
  • Shortest Book - The Tale of Mrs Tiggy Winkle by Beatrix Potter (58)
  • Longest Book - Needful Things by Stephen King (790)
  • Most Popular book I read was Harry Potter and the Philospher Stone
  • Least Poplar book I read was Garden ontop of the World by Virginia Aronson
  • Average Goodreads Rating across all my books = 3.7
  • First review of the year was 'The Origin of Species' by Charles Darwin
  • Last review of the year was 'The Couple Nextdoor' by Shari Lapena

2020 Bookish Goals:
  • get rid of books I didn’t enjoy - i.e. 1 and 2 star rated books are getting the cut!
  • get my netgalley ratio to at least 50%, ideally 80% - this is going to be very hard but I am determined
  • read 150 books total - 4 more than 2019
  • buddy read over 60 books (incl in the 150) 
  • DNF books I’m hating - just put them down and give them away!
  • for everyone 5 books I read, I can buy 1 more... - this might be tricky to stick to but i'm going to try my best!

Comments