My Top Reads of 2019

I only read 2 books in 2018. The online book community has reignited my love for reading on an unprecedented level and for that I am forever grateful. My original target was 25 and my current total it 144. I’m currently finishing off 2 for my buddy reading targets (for which you will get a final update tomorrow)!!

I am excited for 2020 to set my reading goal as 150 rather than 25 and to discover many many more wonderful books!

Anyway, back to what I actually set to post about... I have FINALLY managed to get my top reads for 2019 together…I couldn't get it below 14, so here you have my top 14 reads of the year, in no particular order:

  • Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
  • Eeny Meeny by M J Arlidge - by extension this is also for the entire DI Helen Grace series, which is cheating I know but I absolutely love this series.
  • Postscript by Cecelia Ahern
  • One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern
  • Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
  • No Further Questions - Gillian McAllister
  • An Unwanted Guest - Shari Lapena
  • The Handmaid’s Tale - Margaret Atwood
  • The Storyteller - Jodi Picoult
  • The Man Who Didn’t Call - Rosie Walsh
  • The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
  • The Seven Deaths of Everlyn Hardcastle - Stuart Turton
  • My Not So Perfect Life - Sophie Kinsella
  • A Man Called Ove - Frederik Backman

Did any of my top 14 also make your top reads list? I'd be interested to hear what you think of my choices...

Em

Comments

  1. Murder on the Orient Express, My Not-So-Perfect Life, and Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine were also hits for me this year! Just added some of your others to my library reqs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that so great to here! I'm always so interested to see if people enjoyed the same books as me! Awesome, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment