A Mother Like You - Ruby Speechley



Synopsis:

All mothers have secrets...some are unforgivable

Kate Marshall lives an enviable life. Married to handsome, charming, James, owner of a successful company, she seems to have it all.

But falling pregnant at 45 was never part of the plan. Especially as Kate’s hiding a devastating secret – one that she’s been running from for twenty years.

So when ex-boyfriend Paul comes back into her life, threatening to expose the truth about what Kate did, the clock is ticking. Can she keep her secrets and finally be the mother she always dreamed of – or will her past lies destroy her perfect life?




Review:

The book opens with a successful couple and a spot of blackmail, the perfect hook to pull you in...

I was immediately invested in Kates life what she done family, the friends, the business I loved the set up.

I thought the formatting of the text messages was a nice touch really great at breaking up the text.

The perfect amount of description versus dialogue really easy to follow a right page turner. Past secrets, present secrets, secrets all round...

I must admit, the first time the POV changed took me awhile to get used to it I ended up really enjoying the other perspective

As the story develops it pulls you even deeper into the story and the past.

I can’t really say too much without ruining it, except for that I would highly recommend this book!

It does touch on some heavy topics, abortion, I trauma, abandonment, adoption but it’s all done in the right way to add to the book.




Purchase link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HRHX8R3/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl_nodl?ie=UTF8&tag=herabooksltd-21&creative=6738&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B08HRHX8R3&linkId=26c51bfcd2dc73869d130e6d4f633f2c

Comments