The Trials and Tribulations of a Pet Sitter - Laura Marchant




Synopsis:

The true story of Laura Marchant, a fanatical animal lover who lived all her life in a quite seaside resort in England. After many years loyal service she was pushed out of the office leaving her at a crossroads in her life not knowing which path to take. After a short unsuccessful stint working as a volunteer in a charity shop she decided to follow her heart and set up a pet sitting business. For 7 years she lived amongst dogs, with her own trusty Golden Retriever 'Brece' at her side the whole time. Laura didn't know what had hit her. Eventually the pair found their feet, Brece earned her keep by keeping the dogs in order whilst Laura dealt with the owners. Whilst watching over her furry friends in the evening she makes her observations of the dogs especially in relation to the pack mentality. Trials and Tribulations of a Pet Sitter describes the hilarious antics that she encountered and also the many highs and the lows whilst trying to keep her customers pets safe. The lowest point being committing the cardinal sin by losing a customers beloved dog on more than one occasion. Laura Marchant is the Bridget Jones of the pet sitting world!


Review:

As a massive dog lover, I devoured every single page of this book. I loved hearing all the stories, the highs and lows. It was delightful and uplifting, from start to finish.

I particularly enjoyed all the descriptions of the dogs, their names and characteristics. I could really see them all! Especially Brece!

The whole book is so easy to read and follow and it was also very amusing in places!

There are large parts of this book that resonated with me hugely and it just makes me want a dog even more!

I would recommend, especially to other dog lovers!



Link:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trials-Tribulations-Petsitter-Pet-stories/dp/1527253163






Comments

  1. I have just ordered this book on the back of your review :-) I'd not heard of this book before, much to my shame, but as a dog sitter myself, it really appeals. Can't wait to read it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment