Delirium and Pandemonium - Lauren Oliver

Delirium Synopsis:
In an alternate United States, love has been declared a dangerous disease, and the government forces everyone who reaches eighteen to have a procedure called the Cure. Living with her aunt, uncle, and cousins in Portland, Maine, Lena Haloway is very much looking forward to being cured and living a safe, predictable life. She watched love destroy her mother and isn't about to make the same mistake.
But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena meets enigmatic Alex, a boy from the "Wilds" who lives under the government's radar. What will happen if they do the unthinkable and fall in love?

Pandemonium Synopsis:
The old life is dead. But the old Lena is dead too. I buried her. I left her beyond a fence, behind a wall of smoke and flame. In this electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller Delirium, Lauren Oliver sets Lena on a dangerous course that hurtles through the unregulated Wilds and into the heart of a growing resistance movement. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.



These books are set in a dystopian world where love has been declared a disease. The main character (Lena) struggles to grasp what is true and what is a lie and ultimately falls in love, making a decision that changes her life. 

The last time I read these books I was much younger and I didn’t fully appreciate what it feels like to be in love. Reading it this time round I found it deeply touching and I would definitely recommend it!

Delirium left me with tears in my eyes on the last page and I started to read Pandemonium straight away.

Pandemonium was just as good if not better than Delirium and WHAT A TWIST AT THE END? 

I loved the ‘then’ and ‘now’ style chapters that run through the majority of the book.
I don't yet own Requiem but will be looking to snap it up soon. I gave both Delirium and Pandemonium 4.5 stars out of 5.




Comments