The ABC Murders - Agatha Christie

Synopsis:

"When Alice Ascher is murdered in Andover, Hercule Poirot is already on to the clues. Alphabetically speaking, it's one down, twenty-five to go.

There's a serial killer on the loose. His macabre calling card is to leave the ABC Railway guide beside each victim's body. But if A is for Alice Asher, bludgeoned to death in Andover; and B is for Betty Bernard, strangled with her belt on the beach at Bexhill; then who will Victim C be?"

This is apparently number 13 in the Poirot Series but happens to be the first EVER Agatha Christie novel I've read. I know, I know - how have I managed to get to the grand old age 25 and not read a Christie? Well, now I have...

I was expecting Agatha's writing to be more difficult to read and digest than it was, i'm not sure why, just a presumption i'd wrongly made. 

The ABC Murder's was an incredibly easy book to read and I really enjoyed it. I particularly enjoyed getting to know the main characters and trying to solve the mystery. I definitely did NOT see the mini twist coming at the end!

I would recommend this book and am now on a Devon-wide search to find more second hand Christie books!


Comments