The Storyteller - Jodi Picoult


Synopsis:

Becoming friends with Josef Weber, an old man who is particularly loved in her community, Sage Singer is shocked when one day he asks her to kill him and reveals why he deserves to die, causing her to question her beliefs

Mourning the passing of her mother, Sage Singer decides to attend a grief support group.
She doesn't expect to start an unlikely friendship with an elderly man also attending.
Josef Weber is a beloved, retired teacher and Little League coach. Together they attempt to heal.
But one day he asks Sage for a favor: to kill him. Shocked, Sage refuses but then he confesses his darkest and long-buried secret, one that irrevocably changes Sage's worldview!


Review:

Jodi Picoult has written another excellent book here!

It explores multiple moral dilemmas and had me torn as the reader.

The writing is very easy to read and flows very well. There is one main storyline but with mini-plots off to the side that did not distract, only added.

There were multiple points of view but it wasn’t confusing at any point! I knew exactly what was going on and was intrigued throughout!

The accounts from the Holocaust and Auschwitz are harrowing and eye-opening (I know it’s fiction but the general feel and background are not).

I would recommend this book! I'

m sure that although it is only August, it will still be up there in my top 2019 reads!

Comments

  1. I love Jodi Picoult. I remember reading her books back to back because I really love her writing. I haven't read this one but I'll be sure to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do! and maybe re-discover some of the ones you've already read... you might have new feelings for them!

      Delete

Post a Comment