The Summer of Falling In Love - Liz Davies

Synopsis:


A heartwarming romance for dog-lovers everywhere.

The thought of having a dog hasn’t crossed Theo Martin’s mind. It’s not that he doesn’t like dogs – he does – but the idea has simply never occurred to him.

It has occurred to his mother, though. When she decides to buy him a puppy because she thinks it will “liven him up a bit”, his life is turned completely upside down, and not for the better as far as he’s concerned. But when he discovers that having a cute dog on the end of a lead attracts a great deal of female attention, he soon changes his mind. All kinds of women stop to pet the pup and while they coo over Poppy, they talk to him. A lot. And for Theo, it looks like his love life is taking a very welcome turn for the better.

But what about Josie Wilde, his dog sitter?

Forced to employ someone to walk his dog when he’s in work, he finds himself increasingly attracted to her, but unfortunately Josie’s interest in him appears to be purely professional. As the summer unfolds and he falls head over heels in love with the sweet and vulnerable pup, he finds himself falling for Josie, too.

For Theo, it’s not so much ‘love me, love my dog’, but more like ‘love my dog, love me, too’. Please…




Review:

This story warmed my heart. It was just what I needed and I devoured it in a single day, in my garden.

Following Theo on his journey with Poppy was a delight from the beginning to end. The characters, dialogue and situations were all very realistic and believable, written and planned to perfection.

As a huge dog lover this story was very relatable. A 
wonderful warm, comforting read! 

I would recommend this book, if you typically enjoy this genre! 

Comments