Flying Solo - Zoe May

Synopsis:

Rachel Watson has it all worked out. By 30, she’s ticked off most of the goals on her Life List. She’s a homeowner, a partner at her law firm, she has a gorgeous boyfriend, lots of hobbies and loads of good friends. The only thing that’s missing is a ring on her finger.

According to her Life List, Rachel should be getting hitched around now, so when her boyfriend, Paul, plans a romantic date, Rachel’s pretty confident he’s going to propose. Except Paul has other ideas. He’s jetting off to India to find himself.


Distraught, Rachel doesn’t know what to do. Not one to easily admit defeat, she embarks on a mission to win him back.

Flying solo to India is definitely not on Rachel’s Life List, but could her trip teach her some unexpected lessons about love, life and herself? Could she realise that perhaps her Life List wasn’t exactly what she wanted, after all?


Review:

This book had so many different elements to it. The self discovery element for me in particular was very uplifting, especially in current times.

I felt connected to the main character (Rachel) right from the beginning and was invested in her journey, albeit not one that she expected. The writing, language and dialogue all worked very well. 

I could imagine myself in India living the experience and it made me giggle throughout, just what I needed! 

My only disappointment is that the ending wasn't all tied up, there are a few lose ends and i'd love to read on and see how they develop. Although that being said, there were elements that were entirely satisfying.

I would recommend this book for an easy and uplifting read with some quirks.

Comments

  1. Sorry about the ending, but overall, this sounds like an enjoyable read! I definitely do not have the life that others have at my age, so I think books about self-discovery are awesome.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's often how I feel at the end -- I want to know how all the secondary plots resolved! No loose ends for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment