Love in Lockdown - Chloe James




Synopsis:

Sophia is afraid lockdown will put her life on pause – just as she was she was going to put herself out there and meet someone. When the first clap for the keyworkers rings out around her courtyard, she’s moved to tears for all kinds of reasons.

Jack is used to living life to the fullest, and is going stir-crazy after just days isolating. Until that night he hears a woman crying from the balcony beneath his. He strikes up a conversation with the stranger and puts a smile back on her face.

Soon their balcony meetings are the highlight of Jack and Sophia’s days. But even as they grow closer together, they’re always kept apart.




Review:

I wanted to love this book but I just couldn't. That being said, I certainly didn't hate it.

There were parts which were really good and others that I felt were a little bit rushed!

There were some bittersweet moments and some nice side elements in addition to the main story that I felt really added something.

I would be interested to see what I felt if I had read this whilst not being in lockdown myself, and if it would have resonated differently with me.

Comments